Tuesday 26 February 2013

The response you are looking For:

A lot of people write a email so that they can get a response back from the person they are writing to, so make sure it is clear that when you write a email it shows that you are looking for a response and also clear that what kind of response you are looking for and that your contact information, email address, title everything is included so that the reader can respond to that.

A good example would be:

Subject: Checking On Reliable Landscapes Proposal
Dear Lynn,
I just wanted to check that you have received the landscaping proposal I emailed to you last week. I haven't heard back and wanted to make sure it went through.
Can you please call me by Thursday so we can discuss? This is when our discount offer expires, and I want to make sure you don't miss it!
The quickest way to contact me is by cell phone.
Thanks!
Peter Schuell, Owner
Reliable Landscaping, Inc.
555.135.4598 (office)
555.135.2929 (cell)
Peter has now given Lynn all the information she needs. She knows he emailed the proposal last week, that he would like her to call him by Thursday, and that she should use his cell phone to make contact quickly. Most importantly, Peter included his name and title, so Lynn knows who he is, and put his contact information at the bottom.

A bad example would be:

From: reliablelandscapes@domain.com
Subject: Proposal
Lynn,
Did you get my proposal last week? I haven't heard back and wanted to make sure.
Can you please call me so we can discuss?
Thanks!
Peter

It says can you call me when there is no number given also Lynn would have no idea about which propsal Peter is talking about since it does not specify very well. Not much information is given in this email.

No comments:

Post a Comment